Monday 29 February 2016

The Wickedest Villain

A great villain needs to be monstrous. 



There are no half-measures when it comes to writing villains.  Go big or go home.



I knew that, but my latest villain for the third Evelina hadn't quite come into focus. Until, I dreamed about him last night.  Really, it was more of  a nightmare in that moment of drifting between awake and sleep. He was far more evil than I'd imagined.  He scared the pants off  me!

He was demonic--oozing all kinds of evil. I couldn't get him out of my head. I had to pray him away to go back to sleep.  

Now that's a villain.

It wasn't until I was cleaning my office this morning that I remembered the dream and realized who he was. Luckily, he's shown his face, just in time, when the story is taking off and I can't type fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment